Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bali Indonesia (Part 2) - UBUD

Ubud  (Nov 29, 2009)
I requested Neri & Emman to just drop by the hotel where I stayed. From the airport, they picked me up and we went straight to Ubud and checked in Nick Hidden Cottages (it took us around 2 hrs).

I love the place, it’s clean and serene and it’s not that expensive. For those who are interested, here is the hotel website: http://nickshotels-ubud.com/.

This is Emman’s shot, sorry Emman I used your photo in this post without permission. I think it's okay to post because I was in the photo, hehe :)
This is where the taxi dropped us. We still need to walk in the middle of the rice field ;-)


Pathway to the hotel, it’s good that I can carry my luggage with its wheels.

 Hotel Reception Area

View from the 2nd floor terrace.

Ubud is a nice place to go to when you are soul searching, when you want to relax alone or with family and friends, when you want to  get away from your busy world or even for a honeymoon. Who watched Eat Pray Love? Did you notice the Bali part there where Julia Roberts stayed? ;-)

We rested for a while inside our room then went out for a very late lunch.

 Our main course

 Our dessert, I forgot the name, it’s like a scrambled butter and egg, it tastes great with the lemon.

 The 3 Musketeers, hehe! Ready for a long walk to Monkey Forest

Monkey Forest St., Ubud : Since the hotel is near the monkey forest (not so near actually), we decided to go there through the monkey forest street. There are lots of native stuff, old structures and souvenir stores to see along this street.
There was a parade after the ceremony in one of the temple we passed by. The locals who joined were wearing their native clothes while playing their native instruments.

We enjoyed taking pictures while strolling and we didn’t realize that it’s already getting dark when we reached the forest, it’s close already, so we just enjoyed the presence of the monkeys outside. Here's a short video clip.

We went through the same street going back to the hotel, this time we enjoyed buying souvenirs specifically from the native musical instrument store.

Native Musical Instrument Store

Here's what I got from the store :-)

We had our dessert at Wayan Cafe (or Cafe Wayan?, hay, it’s been a year, that’s why). We tried Bintang, their local beer.


Lastly, we bought food and other stuff needed for the climb the following day.

Though we haven't gone inside the monkey forest yet, the whole day was okay. Being an observer and finding out new things around the place such as native stuff, food, structure and culture was satisfying enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment